To cancel your Spectrum Internet subscription, you can either visit a Spectrum store in person or call their cancellation hotline at (833) 267-6094. Currently, Spectrum does not allow you to cancel your Spectrum Internet service online.
If you choose to call, be prepared for a somewhat frustrating experience. The phone menus are intentionally designed this way to encourage you to reconsider and continue paying, benefiting the company’s revenue. Once you reach a call center employee, they must follow a lengthy retention script before allowing you to cancel. To expedite this process, follow the steps below:
- Call the Spectrum cancellation call center at (833) 267-6094.
- When the call center agent asks the reason for your call, say, “Service changes.”
- You will be offered several options. Listen for “Remove service” and select it.
- You will be transferred to the customer retention department. An agent will try to convince you to upgrade instead of cancel.
- State that you are moving out of Spectrum’s service area to expedite the cancellation.
If you choose to visit a Spectrum store in person, follow these steps:
- Get your current statement and make sure there are no unpaid balances.
- Notify Spectrum of your decision to cancel.
- Return any of the internet equipment you were leasing from Spectrum.
- Make sure you do this as soon as possible to avoid being charged.
- Keep your email confirmations and receipts from equipment returns in a safe place.
Please note that if you have any unpaid balances or leased equipment, ensure that they are returned promptly before cancelling your subscription. Also, Spectrum does not impose early termination fees but does not prorate bills for partial months.